Friday, March 30, 2012

Shri Radhe Maa - Leela-Amrut - Arrest and release in Hong Kong

Officer inexplicably releases devotee arrested for driving with Indian license
By Sanjeev Gupta

Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa was in Hong Kong granting darshan to devotees, and I was part of her entourage. I was arrested by an upright police officer of Chinese origin for driving on their roads without a Hong Kong license. The officer was very tired from long hours of work.  He spoke very little English and was and had not slept for 48 hours. I had broken the law and the officer wanted to ensure that I learnt my lesson.

I apologised profusely and offered to pay up the fine. But the officer said he would have to arrest me. The law would take its course. I could say what I wished to when he produced before a magistrate the next day. It was 6 pm. I did not want to spend the night behind bars in a strange country but there was nothing I could do. I was escorted to an underground cellar where I was put behind bars. I was worried. The police seized my money, passport and other papers. 

When Devi Maa heard the news of my arrest, she insisted on accompanying my family to the police station. Members of my family tried to reason with Devi Maa. The police station was no place for her.  Devi Maa remained unmoved. “My devotee is in trouble. We are bound together, good times or bad. I have to be there for him.” 

At the police station, my family spoke to a subordinate of the officer who had arrested me. The man advised the group against talking to the officer. I had no clue about what was happening. I kept praying.  I knew Devi Maa would ensure I was released. I did not however know when that would happen.

Then at around 2.30 am, I saw the officer who had arrested me at the door of the cell. “Here, sign this bond and leave. I don’t know why I am letting you go but I want to sleep now. When I close my eyes, I keep thinking about you. Leave!” he said. 
I obeyed him and left quickly because I did not want him to change his mind. Over eight hours had passed since my arrest. I thanked Devi Maa as I climbed the steps of the cellar. My faith in Devi Maa had borne fruit. My prayers had been answered by her unfailing grace. As I walked out free, I saw relief on the faces of my family members. I appeared before the magistrate the next day and apologized for breaking the law. I was made to pay a fine and let off.  

As told to Satish Purohit
For more details on Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa Shobha Yatra at the Devi Talab Mandir on 31 March 2012 and chowkies in Punjab and Haryana call on 9820969020 or log on to   

Follow Shri Radhe Maa on -

      Please note
The views expressed in this article and others published in this space are being made public as an act of thanksgiving for the wonderful presence of Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa’s miraculous grace in the lives of her devotees. These are personal experiences of the devotee. Devi Maa has no role as such in writing, editing or publishing these articles. We request readers who have queries, doubts or feedback to address their messages to Sevadar Sanjeev Gupta on  call him on 9820082849. He screens all letters, emails and SMS's sent to him by devotees of Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa across the world before they are made public on various forums.

No comments: