Monday, March 5, 2012

Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa - How I became a devotee - III ( Rita Purohit )


Plastic bangles and pure love 

By Sanjeev Gupta

Rita Purohit’s story: When I had my first darshan of Mamtamai Shree Radhe Maa, I had asked Talli Baba, her attendant, if I could have the tassel that hung around her hands and her plastic bangles as memento. He refused. What a rude man, I thought. All that fuss over some trinkets! I did not know at that time that it was not up to Talli Baba to decide what could be given away. That is entirely Devi Maa’s call. After Devi Maa left the venue, I was drawn to the place she had given darshan to the sangat (congregation). And what did I see – there, on the seat she had graced, were the two bangles and the tassel I had coveted. The skeptic that I was I wondered if someone had (maybe Talli Baba) had told Devi Maa what I had asked for. However, I brushed such doubts aside and claimed the objects as Devi Maa’s prasad. 

The doubts refused to die. At the next darshan I stood in a corner looking at Devi Maa. “I will believe in you if you single me out for a gift of a tassel and four bangles again.” A fraction of a second after I voiced the desire in my mind, Devi Maa looked at me and with one finger gestured for me to come closer. I did and she took off her tassle and four bangles and handed them to me. All my doubts were put to rest. I have never had reason to question her divinity after the incident. 

Shortly after the incident, I found my husband and my in-laws being drawn to me. There was less bickering happening and we were soon reunited. I knew it was Devi Maa’s energy at work. It has been nine years since then, and we have grown to be an extremely close knit family of devotees dedicated to the service of Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa. I am not alone here. Thousands of devotees attest to how Shri Radhe Maa’s love has united estranged families. The stories and many and they keep coming in.     
           
As spoken to Satish Purohit

No comments: