Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa - How I became a devotee - II ( Rita Purohit )




By Sanjeev Gupta

Rita Purohit’s story:  When I reached the chowki, I took in the lavish preparations and wondered if God who is said to expect simple heartfelt devotion would approve of this grand setting. It was too loud, too colourful and too elaborate for my liking. Then my brother irritated me with his comment that Ma had visited the place in pavan roop. What he meant was that Devi Maa had in some magical way visited the place while we sang bhajans. He said this was told to him by Choti Maa who is Devi Maa’s closest attendant or sevadar. “Maa says she would not come to the chowki because she does not feel khench or pull towards the congregation,” Sanjeev told me. I wondered if my Choti Maa had called Devi Maa and communicated my skepticism to her. Maybe, they had spoken over the phone, I told myself.

A few moments passed and Sanjeev came to me with another message from Devi Maa. Devi Maa wanted me, yes me, Sanjeev’s sister is whom she had chosen for the job, to sprinkle ganga jal in all over the house. I hesitated for a moment before agreeing to the order. It is the normal devotional thing to do, I told myself. What harm was there in doing it? After doing what had been asked of me, I alighted the stairs that led to the space where the chowki was being held. As I looked ahead, Shri Maa’s car zoomed into view and stopped a few feet from where I stood. I watched transfixed, as the door of the car opened. She just put one foot out of the car, and that is all my eyes took in. I looked at it and wondered at its beauty. For about a minute, the foot is all she took out of the car.    

Then she stepped out and I was stunned by her beauty. I also saw a halo spread like a rainbow rising from her shoulders, its curve rising high above her head. My God, I remember thinking, she is divine, and began to sob uncontrollably. I cried my heart out for three hours for no reason at all. She smiled at me.  I felt her loving energy envelope me. It was bright, motherly and extremely positive. If I had to use one word to describe her, it would be ‘positive’. She is a dynamo of positivity that spreads not only in places she visits but also in homes and other places where her swarup or images are honoured.
 
As spoken to Satish Purohit 

Receive Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa’s blessings at the Maa Jagadamba Jagran in Film City, Goregaon, Mumbai on 3rd March. Call 9820969020 for passes

No comments: