Friday, March 2, 2012

Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa - How I became a devotee - 1( Rita Purohit )







By Sanjeev Gupta

Rita Purohit’s story: Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa entered my life in 2003. I had separated from my husband and had moved out of my marital home with my kids over differences that had appeared to be irreconcilable to me. I was staring at an uncertain future and was also at an emotional low. When my mother called to invite me to a mata ki chowki being held at the house of my parents, I wondered if my people had lost their minds. That was because my mother also spoke of a Devi Maa who would give darshan at the chowki. My brother Sanjeev had also called me about this, so it was getting irritating. I was a believer alright but the idea of addressing someone who was flesh and blood like me as a Goddess was too much for me to digest. Moreover, being Rajasthani, I did understand bhajans, kirtans and pujas but the essentially Punjabi tradition of chowki was alien to me.      

“I am too busy,” I told her, and I was not lying. I had four meetings scheduled on the day of the jagran. There was no way I would find the time. Shri Maa had different plans for me that day. On the big day, two meetings got cancelled. I laughed and told myself that I would call my mom and tell her I was coming if the third meeting got cancelled. When that happened, I began to wonder. Then the fourth meeting got cancelled as well. I called my mom and told her I would be there! 

As spoken to Satish Purohit 

Receive Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa’s blessings at the Maa Jagadamba Jagran in Film City, Goregaon, Mumbai on 3rd March. Call 9820969020 for passes

2 comments:

Shri Radhe Maa said...

Brother, I would request you to ask yourself if it matters what a holy person looks like from the outside. Why should that matter and why is it so important? Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa gives darshan every 15 days at her Bhavan in Borivali, Mumbai. You are welcome to experience her grace. God bless you

- Admin

anuradha said...

Hello,
I would like to come for maatas darshan along with my family but i have a query will it take long to c mata as i have a one year old baby it is very difficult for us to wait in que.kindly reply me on my email id anu_v_gayathri@yahoo.co.in i stay in mumbai